Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 15

My face was hurting last night so I took a vicadin and spent the rest of the night loopy and sleepy.  Finally went to sleep around 1am, which is earlier than most nights now.  My youngest woke me up at 5am with a sprint to my bed and a huge, long hug.  Before my surgery this is how he would wake up every morning and I missed it.  It felt good to lay there and hug him for a long time.  :) 

I ended up taking a long nap when he went down for him morning nap.  I was so tired and didn't have any energy.  My 4 year old was happy watching Dora in the front room while my cleaning lady made my house look livable again.  She said she would watch my younger two while she cleaned so I could take a nap.  I ended up sleeping from 9am until 1pm.  Hope I don't regret that tonight.  Guess I needed it.  Felt awesome to wake up to a clean house too.  4 bored kids can really do some damage.  lol.  December is half over and our house doesn't have any Christmas decorations up.   I sent my husband and the kids to get a Christmas tree when he got home from work.  We usually go as a family but I didn't feel comfortable going to the tree lot with my little towel in front of my mouth.  I was sad to have them go without me but I realized I needed to stay home and not make a big deal about it.  After they got the tree in the house I went into the front room to check it out.  I was surprised to get a giant massage session from my three girls.  They told me to sit on the couch and one rubbed my back, one rubbed my feet and one rubbed my hands.  It was such a nice surprise.  :)  The tree looked good.  Hope to get some decorations on it this weekend.  I really don't have the energy to sort through our many boxes of Christmas stuff so I need to wait until my husband can be home to help do it. 

I discovered something very, very cool today.... I can move my chin!!  It hurt a little and didn't feel natural to do it but I was just happy I was able to do it.  Woo hoo!  I closed my teeth and used my facial muscles to pull my chin up.  It made my bottom lip cover my lower teeth and my lips were only a few millimeters from touching.  Woo hoo!!  I also realized that I can yawn without feeling like my face is being ripped off.  That's great progress.  Sucky change is that my lower teeth feel super sensitive when I brush them, because of all that extra metal having to be scrubbed.  And cold water makes them hurt.  :(


My 4 year old daughter brought her and I a snack.  It was a very sweet thought.  She even brought a bowl to put the orange peels in.  She asked me if I wanted her to break it all up into tiny pieces so I could eat it.  My sweet girl.


This is my attempt at pulling my lower lip up with my face muscles.  Sorry for the strained look.  As you can see it took great effort to get my muscles to move. 


No comments:

Post a Comment