Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 23

Soooo not cool. I was woken up by my son coming to my room carrying a dirty diaper this morning. I leaned out of my bed to clean him but my face still hurts when I bend over. So after I got him clean I pulled him onto my bed in front of me and was waiting for my daughter to bring me his diaper. All of a sudden my son tried to sit up and jerked his arms out totally karate chopping right below my nose. Pretty much right where my plates and screws are. I about died. I jerked back and started sobbing holding my face. My husband wasn't in the room but he knew something bad happened and ran to our room and took my son out. My husband brought me meds and a syringe full of juice. My face was throbbing for about an hour but now it feels much better. Just thought I would share my not fun experience with you. Good thing is I can cry without my face feeling like I am ripping it apart now. I know my son wouldn't want to hurt me and it was a total accident. But still not cool.  I found myself going backwards with my talking.  I am not moving my mouth as much because it feels sore.  Hope the swelling and soreness goes away soon.

After my face started feeling better I got ready to meet my family at the movies.  I planned on going with them today and was glad I was still able to go.  Didn't want to spend the day stuck in the house again.  The theater was really cold so I had to put on my scarf my friend lent me to keep my face warm.  It felt so much better, even though I'm sure I looked silly. 

Came home and took a nap and woke up feeling great.  Only 1 more day until Christmas now.  Woo hoo!  My kids are getting so excited.  I usually do tons of crafts and baking with them  but I'm just not feeling up to it.  This Christmas is the tamest we have ever had but the kids don't seem to mind.  I really want to get a picture of them with Santa but I'm running out of time.  Don't know if it is going to happen this year.  :( 

Can't wait until my face has more expression.  I'm really over the mouth hanging open, blank look on my face pics.  My nose hurts at the outer edges again.  Don't think it is from this morning since it has been hurting on and off a couple days.  Also wanted to add that I lost another pound.  Down 24lbs.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment