Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 27

Today sucked!!  Went to my surgeon today for my weekly checkup. My surgeon told me weeks ago that I would get my splint off at 6 weeks. I was so excited.  I'm almost at 4 weeks so I thought only 2 weeks left. Well 6 weeks is Jan 12th and he just told me that I can't get it off until Jan 16th. :( soooooo disappointed. They said I have to wait and get it off at the beginning of the week because I have to go straight to my ortho after my appointment. Worst part is they just called and said my ortho can't see me until the 17th so now they bumped my splint removal to the 17th too. Sooooo disappointed.   5 EXTRA DAYS!!!   My husband told me "it's only 5 more days than you thought." I told him that he needs to live on a liquid diet those 5 days since it's "only 5 days." He said he will, thinking I'm joking, but I'm going to hold him to it.  

I called my mom after I told my husband and I totally broke down.  I didn't think it would effect me as much as it did.  I have been counting down the days until the 6 week mark and was so upset when they extended it like it wasn't a big deal.  When the girl from my surgeon's office called to tell me about the appointment change I asked her if I could have it taken out the Tues before I hit 6 weeks which would only be 2 days early.  She very rudely said no and that this is what I had to do.  Then I told her my ortho said I could see him the day after I got the splint out so I could keep my Monday appt instead of doing both on the same day and she again said no and that this is what my surgeon wanted. 

I went to my moms and spent the day there trying to not think about the sucky news I was told.  She make me THE BEST garlic mashed potatoes and my grandma made me my favorite milk gravy.  I took a long nap and woke up feeling a little better.  Still sad that I have to wear this 5 days longer but I hope it goes by faster.  :( 

My awesome friend came over with dinner for my family and she made me awesome, awesome potato cheese soup.  Her and her daughter spent the night and we had a nice time hanging out together.  A good day after a sucky morning. 





No comments:

Post a Comment